Nov 19, 2011

apple butter

[by jen]

Last week I decided to make some apple butter. Now, apple butter is not hard to make, but it takes a while to slow cook. Well, I did mine in my crock pot and because our electricity is so low (Praising God we have electricity, so I am NOT complaining) it actually took just under 24 hours to cook instead of the normal 7-8 hours in the crock pot. Well, I started out with nearly 4lbs of apples and got this amount right here...

But then after a bit of silliness, paired with disobedience, I had 1/3 LESS apple butter...

Such is life....

3 comments:

Beth said...

ught oh... :/ Well the 2/3 still looks yummy! ;)
Btw...i like the new layout!

Bristol Grandma said...

Ohhh, so sorry for the loss of apple butter. Kind of like spilled milk, it will happen again more than likely. It does look good.

James Lorch said...

Oh, Jen, I feel your pain. When we were living in Indiana, 2 of my children were fighting over jello that was in a depression bowl my grandmother gave me many years ago. Before the fighting was over, my grandmother's beautiful bowl had dropped on the ceramic tile floor and was in pieces. I thought I'd cry. My children felt bad and to this day, they still remember how disobedience not only brought sorrow to them, but to others. I guess it was a good lesson learned. Karen