Ella's 3rd birthday was last week and her party was on Saturday - we will probably have a post on that soon. But first are some Ellie-isms
We taught Ella how to introduce herself, and back in Khujand sometimes she would walk up to one of us, hand extended, saying "Hi, my name's Ella." This would lead to a quick exchange of simple introductory questions and answers. Whenever she was asked where she lives (or is from), she would confidently answer "Khujand". Fast forward to three nights after our return to the USA. We were staying up the hill at my parents'...
Ella: "Hi, I'm Ella"
aje: "Hi, I'm daddy, how old are you?"
Ella: "Two"
aje: "Where are you from?"
Ella: looking around, "here?"
aje: "Where do you live?"
Ella: perplexed, and looking around, then shrugging sadly, "I dunno."
Ella wakes up at night, crying. I lay down in her twin bed with her for a minute to calm her before going back to bed.
Ella: "You gonna sleep wis me?"
aje: "No. I'll just lie here a minute"
Ella: "You gonna break da bed?"
We are in the van driving into Fort Wayne for our first shopping trip, discussing what we will be shopping for. Then Ella chimes in: "I gonna buy some hambugas, a tractau, some toys, and shoes. For me."
At the church cantata...
Narrarator: "...God made the earth and everything in it..."
Ella: makes a sweeping motion with her arm "Dis is da euth. Da wold is da euth!"
2 comments:
Love the Ella-isms!! You'll be so glad to wrote them down to document them...because we forget these adorable things they say all to quickly....and then when you have more than one child it's to easy to mix up what child said what funny thing...or maybe that is just me!!
Welcome home...Merry CHRISTmas!
wow...Ella is growing up :) Very, very funny..i laughed when she didn't know where she was from..poor her..I guess that'll continue probably for the rest of her life :) Also laughed at Aaron breaking the bed :)
--Naomi m.
Post a Comment